The image of Our Lady of Licheń came to Licheń land in 1836 from Częstochowa. Tomasz Kłossowski, a blacksmith from Izabelin, took him from a roadside shrine in Lgota to his home. After a serious illness in 1844, he placed the painting in a wooden chapel and hung it on a pine tree by the path leading through the forest from Grąblin to Lichen. The shepherd Mikołaj Sikatka often prayed here.
The painting of Our Lady of Licheń is a copy of the image of Our Lady of Rokitno (Diocese of Gorzów), which was made at the end of the 18th century. The painting was painted with oil paints on a small larch board: 9.5 cm wide and 15.5 cm high 1965/1966 up to 12 × 22 cm). The sizes indicate that it was made for the purpose of private piety. According to the customs of that time, similar images were taken on a long journey, on pilgrimage and on a war.
The painting shows the face of Mary, full of painful reflection and concentration. From under slightly lowered eyelids, expressive eyes look at the White Eagle placed on her breasts. The head is covered with a veil that falls down without folds. He has a string of pearls around his neck. There is a crown on the head of the Mother of God, and on the edge of her garment there are signs of the Lord's Passion. At the bottom of the golden dress, the inscription "Queen of Poland, grant peace to our days."
The message of the painting is eminently religious and patriotic. The Sorrowful Mother bends over the pilgrim Church on this earth in the midst of difficulties and contradictions as a Mother. As a guide on the path of faith. The image of the White Eagle gives the painting a specific, patriotic character. The Sorrowful Queen suffers with the nation. Her presence as Mother and Queen was and is especially felt in the most painful periods in the history of the Polish nation.