Near Golgotha, in the immediate vicinity of the cemetery, there is a chapel known as the "Marian" chapel. We go up the stairs to see a beautiful painting of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception, Patroness of the Congregation of Marian Fathers, guardians of the Lichen sanctuary, in the central place of the chapel. On the left side of the painting, we see the portrait of the Marian Founder, St. Fr. Stanisław Papczyński (1631-1701), and next to it - a picture of an outstanding Marian, the Servant of God Fr. Kazimierz Wyszyński (1700-1755). In the left part of the chapel there is also a painting of the Renovator of the Marian Fathers, Bl. Jerzy Matulewicz (1871-1927) with his relics. All these elements make the chapel known as the "Marian Chapel".
Looking at the Immaculate One is an opportunity for us to reflect on our lives. What is it like? Are we living in friendship with God? Are we in sanctifying grace? Is our heart pure? It is Mary who is for us a model of beautiful, immaculate life and total dedication to Christ.
Fr. Janusz Kumala Custodian of the Sanctuary
The chapel was built in 1990. A statue of St. Michael the Archangel. On the southern wall of the chapel there is a figure of the Risen Christ looking at the graves from a nearby cemetery. The whole is dominated by a tower - a lantern. The chapel is surrounded by trees and flowers. You can find peace and quiet in it.